Saturday, November 2, 2013

Review: Google Shopping Express

So this weekend I am home sick, so clearly, I don't want to leave the house, for anything. However, there were a few necessities that I needed around the house - namely cough drops, tissues, toilet paper and of course the ultimate comfort food - mac & cheese. (I didn't forget soup, I have a ton on my pantry shelves.) Instead of dragging my sick butt down to the store, I decided to try out Google Shopping Express. I put my order in through the portal around 1PM and received my items all perfectly packed around 6PM. (I missed the afternoon delivery time.)

Quick hint: If you sign up now, as an early adopter, they give you six months of free service and $5 towards your first purchase.

Note: This service is only available in SF and the peninsula.

The Goods


How it works:
  1. Log into Google Shopping Express portal
  2. Search for items you want - no perishable items available for now
  3. Various stores will fill your order (stores include: Target, Walgreens, Nob Hill, etc.)
  4. Your package(s) will arrive at your door! 

Pros:
  1. Quick
  2. Easy
  3. Don't have to leave your house or work
Cons:
  1. Very eco-UNfriendly - each store has a separate delivery person, lots of extra packaging 
Overall: The pros outweigh the cons by far, so I would highly suggest trying Google Shopping Express out if you haven't already. I actually put in another order right before starting to write this blog. Happy shopping!

Lots of Packaging
Actually VERY True

No comments:

Post a Comment