Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Oh Paris, How I Adore You!

A few weeks ago I had the most amazing opportunity to travel to Paris for work (well Frankfurt, Paris and Windsor). This was by far my favorite spot by leaps and bounds, but I'm sure having a weekend off in Paris had something to do with that.

View from the Informatica Paris Office

So my first day in Paris, well really flying into Paris from Frankfurt, I learned that my hard drive was about to crash, lucky me! Obviously that meant that I had to rush off to the nearest electronics store (ie. Apple) to grab an external hard drive as soon as possible. Well the only Apple store I knew of was in the Louvre. Naturally, I had to stop in.

Apple Store in the Louvre

I left the Informatica Paris office a bit early that day to run the errand, but mind you, Parisian taxi drivers are TERRIFYING. Also, I would expect that the taxi driver would know how to get from La Defense to the Louvre....

Taxi Driver Clearly Paying Attention WHILE WE WERE MOVING, NOT

On my way into the Apple store, I was able to take my one obligatory tourist photo in front of the Louvre, then I whisked myself away to take care of some business.

Chanel Sunglasses | SAMMA necklace (old, similar here)
Lilly Pultizer belt (old, similar here) & dress (old, similar here)
After I was done with my errands at the Apple store, I had some spare time to kill before meeting up with a friend from Davis for dinner in Bastille. Since I decided to use the metro I had extra time to spare and decided to walk around Jardin des Tuileries and soak in the gorgeous early evening and start of fall.

Jardin des Tuileries

It was really quite a pleasurable Friday, especially since my week started out with staffing Oracle Open World and a trans-atlantic flight! Stay tuned for my posts on Montmarte and Laduree.


No comments:

Post a Comment