Saturday, November 9, 2013

Montmarte - It Makes My Favorite Parisian Arrondissement The 18th!

During my stay in Paris, I visited Montmarte, my absolute favorite area in Paris. It draws me in because of it's ability to allow you to feel like you are in a small neighborhood when really you're in one of the biggest cities in the world. Sure, Champs-Elysee is a nice draw, but quite honestly it was Fashion Week when I was there and there was no way in hell I was going to Champs-Elysee if I didn't have to. I started out my visit with a quick lunch at Le Consulat - an establishment that has hosted the likes of Dali, Picasso, etc. Of course, I people watched as well.

People Watching at Le Consulat
Once I had finished lunch (and people watching), I decided to take a stroll and find some street art for my living room at home. I currently have a large yellow wall with nothing on it.. After looking around a bit, I found this wonderful street artist who was selling ink/watercolor paintings. I decided that I had to have three that depicted the Eiffel Tour. Arc de Trionphe and of course Sacre Coeur. I'll post photos after I get them framed.

Sacre Coeur
I walked around Montmarte a little more after that, taking in all the sights and sounds that I loved, then of course, had to part for dinner. It was quite a lovely Saturday all in all, and I can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment