Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Review: Chimney Rock

As we all know by now (I'm assuming that you read all my blogs you know ;)), I ADORE Napa. I was really blessed to have the opportunity to FINALLY visit Chimney Rock in Napa Valley. I have passed by loads of times and I kept thinking, I really want to check that place out. I finally did after years of wondering.

Chimney Rock
I went up with one of my good friends Alyssa, solely for the purpose of stopping by this particular winery. I have to say that the wines were very good, but the tastings were a bit steep at $35 a pop. Don't get me wrong, I love good wine and there are many vineyards and wineries that I wouldn't mind paying $35/tasting, but unfortunately this wasn't one of them. I usually like to pick up bottles from the vineyards I visit, but I had to pass. The only bottle I could see myself enjoying was the red Elevage (Chimney Rock's signature blends) that they had, however at over $100/bottle, I feel like the wine should have knocked my socks off, which it didn't.

Great ambiance, decent wine, but the prices were a bit steep. Next time I'll skip this and go straight to Stag's Leap.

No comments:

Post a Comment