Monday, March 24, 2014

Review: Mountain Winery

So before I became a real cripple, I decided to spend my last crutches-free weekend wine tasting. I'll break my reviews up into a blog post per vineyard and go from there. The first vineyard I went to was Mountain Winery. Which, I really failed to take pictures... However, I do have to say that the wine wasn't the best, but the place as a venue was great. (If you could ignore the cheesy soundtrack of only artists that have ever played there) If you go to a tasting, make sure that you do the Santa Cruz Mountain wines, those were the best by far.

What I did immensely enjoy about the place was the picnic are, which was perfect when you wanted to chow down after a tasting - and enjoy a bottle while you were there! I thought that it was a great selling point.

A Little Too Much Food For Two People...

Another can't miss feature of the vineyard are the spectacular views, one one side you can see the Silicon Valley and on the other you can see some of the California State Land Preserves. 

The View Driving Down The Mountain

We actually happenstanced upon this place because we were not aware that Ridge was having a Montebello tasting, and thus was closed. This would make a nice addition to a vineyard hopping day in the Santa Cruz Mountains, but maybe the last stop. Ridge would still be the first stop (so the car would have plenty of space for a few cases).

No comments:

Post a Comment