Saturday, August 24, 2013

Review: Lynmar Estate

This past weekend I landed myself at Lynmar Estate with one of my close friends. It was a scorching hot day out, but man, did the air conditioning feel good when we walked through those doors! It was a perfect day for a tasting - especially one that started off with a a nice chilled Rose. I would also suggest that you try the truffle oil popcorn, so good that we inhaled it before I remembered to take a picture.

Awesome Wine Refrigerator In The Tasting Room 

Patio Off Of The Tasting Room - Very Pretty (Note The Mountain)

Not only were the wines really good, but the ambiance was also perfect for a relaxing day. The vineyard is open for exploring, and just a few steps away from the patio. It looked like they had pinot and chardonnay (I think) growing. Their vineyards are actually maintained pretty well to facilitate walking, most vineyards I've seen are usually a tad bit overgrown, meaning walking around in flip flops is a no-no. Here however, I had no problem exploring.

Pinots (I Think)

Chardonnay (I Think)

Once you are done exploring the vineyards, you can start to relax on the patio which has a gorgeous vista of the mountains and vineyards. 

Pretty Idilic View

Lynmar also has a fruit and vegetable garden out back where they invite visitors to pick produce to bring home. If you ask, they will even provide you with a bag to carry your loot home!

Tomato Plants And Flora

Pumpkin! (No, I Did Not Take This Home - Thought About It Though)

My Loot (Strawberries & Tomatoes)
My loot actually made my lunch today *very* tasty! 

Spinach, Steak, Tomatoes, Strawberries, Parmesan, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Balsamic Vinegar

Overall I really enjoyed Lynmar. I will definitely be back! Plus, who couldn't love a winery that has an awesome cork chair in the lobby?!?

Cork Chair!

No comments:

Post a Comment